Why Use a Realtor?
Only real estate professionals who belong to the National Association of REALTORS® may call themselves REALTORS®. REALTORS® are bound by a strict Code of Ethics and pledge to protect and promote the interests of their customers/clients and to provide honest treatment to all parties.
In recognition and appreciation of their obligations to clients, customers, the public, and each other, Realtors continuously strive to become and remain informed on issues affecting real estate and, as knowledgeable professionals, they willingly share the fruit of their experience and study with others. They identify and take steps, through enforcement of the Code of Ethics and by assisting appropriate regulatory bodies, to eliminate practices which may damage the public or which might discredit or bring dishonor to the real estate profession.
All real estate licensees are not the same. Only real estate licensees who are members of the National Association of REALTORS® are properly called REALTORS®. They proudly display the REALTOR "®" logo on their business card or other marketing and sales literature. REALTORS® are committed to treat all parties to a transaction honestly.
How can a Realtor Help?
Here are some ways a REALTOR can help you sell your home.
- REALTORS® know current real estate values in your neighborhood and will help you set a realistic, competitive price.
- REALTORS® will get information about your home instantly to all other REALTORS® in your marketplace.
- REALTORS® can tap into a larger market through referrals, marketing techniques and the latest computer technology.
- REALTORS® "qualify" prospects to ensure your home is in the buyer's price range and meets the buyer's needs.
- REALTORS® are familiar with available financing and help match buyers and financing to expedite the sale of your home.
- REALTORS® will figure the net proceeds from your sale, taking into account your outstanding loan balance, closing costs and possible owner financing.
- REALTORS® know all the necessary steps involved in selling a home from the day you list it, through appointments, phone inquiries, negotiations and closing. They make the sale "hassle-free!"
- Real Estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime. Transactions today usually exceed $100,000. If you had a $100,000 income tax problem, would you attempt to deal with it without the help of a CPA? If you had a $100,000 legal question, would you deal with it without the help of an attorney? Considering the small upside cost and the large downside risk, it would be foolish to consider a deal in real estate without the professional assistance of a REALTOR®!